Friday, May 20, 2011

Shock me, shock me, shock me!

Let me tell you, Freaks, I have permanent goosebumps during season finale week. It's so exciting! And then sad, because my friends are going away. But then exciting again, because did you see what happened?

In that honor, let's do:

TV's Most Shocking TV Finales

Ross says Rachel, Friends

This season 4 ender caused a collective gasp among women ages 12-37 in 1998. Hey, remember 1998? Hilarious. Anyway, Ross said the wrong name, we all freaked out, and then the show had him turn into a whiny buffoon. But for a moment there, we really cared!


Somebody also cared about this in 1998.

Jack and Will did what?!, Will and Grace

The show was not the glory of its earlier self by this season five ender, but this shocking moment played not only on fan's assumptions of a love connection between the pair, but the odd couple hilarity the thought offered. Luckily, nothing happened. We think...


Oh, Grace. Don't point fingers. You're married to Leo.

Justin gets bashed, Queer as Folk

After the romance of Brian Kinney at the prom (God, the scarf....), viewers were stunned when Justin was attacked by his recurring bully. This episode still breaks my heart.


This puts it back together again.

Dead Wife #1, Dexter

After Dexter managed to end the brutal Trinity killer, played brilliantly by the normally hamfisted John Lithgow, he returned home to find this wife Rita murdered and his infant son waiting in the blood. Chilling.


Yeah, Dad, that college tuition is going to therapy bills.

Dead Wife #2, 24

Viewers couldn't believe when his pregnant wife ended up murdered at the end of the first 24 hours. Man, Jack Bauer had a hard day. 


See?

Um, Jean-Luc, you have something on your face..., Star Trek: The Next Generation

I've only seen this in reruns, but this is crazy! The most debonair and hairless of the Enterprise captains as an evil Borg? Gasp!


This is literally the most inelegant Patrick Stewart has ever been.

Who shot the guy in the hat?, Dallas

The most famous cliffhanger of all time, this classic Dallas episode showed the world how to do a finale and introduced spoilers at the same time. Seriously, guys, this made the cover of Time Magazine.


Making it just famous enough for Hipsters to wear ironically.

Wait, what?, Alias

The season 2 finale showed the JJ Abrams penchant for the WTF season ender, with poor Sydney Bristow waking up in Hong Kong missing two years of her life. And Vaughan was married! I was so pissed about this episode I refused to watch Season 3 for a year. Yeah, that might be something to tell my therapist....


I think she'd understand.

Wait, WHAT?, LOST

LOST had mostly mind-blowing season finales, but the Season 3 surprise flashforward was its most insane. We have to go back, Kate! We have to go back! Yeah, so we can completely prove everyone wrong that this is the greatest show ever on TV.


Not that it didn't have its moments...

She saved the world, a lot., Buffy the Vampire Slayer

They killed the main character. I want you to think about that for a minute. They killed the main character. At the end of Season 5 of a hit show, they killed the girl whose name was in the title.

Wait! I have an idea....

3 comments:

  1. "I think she'd understand" hahahahaha!!!!! I'm gonna have to watch him tonight...his hotness still blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hilarious. as always. why aren't you writing for jon stewart?

    ReplyDelete
  3. TV Season Spoilers I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete