Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spoiler Alert!

Well, now that that's all over, how'd everybody do? Who made you gasp? Who made you cry? Who made you want to throw your TV into the nearest wall/river/face of a writer?

Let's break it down with:

Season Finale 2011 Winner and Losers

Winner: Chuck



So cute! Agh! In this sweet and romantic could-have-been-series-but-yay-just-season ender Chuck raced around the world to save his beloved Sarah, finally tying the knot surrounded by the whole gang. And just when it seemed that our favorite spies would have to go back to the day job, an evil mastermind steps up with the check that lets the crew start their own superspy agency. Everything was wrapped in a perfect bow until the now classic Chuck twist: Morgan is The Intersect?!


Loser: 30 Rock


Victor Garber's face at having guested on this horrible episode.

Look, 30 Rock is weird. We know this. Normally, we love this. But the hour long cringe-fest finale was awkward and forced, aiming for Crazytown and flying way, way past it to WTFville. Stop it, Tina. You're better than this.


Winner: Castle


Not as much fun as it looks like.

The surprise reveal of Captain Montgomery's involvement in the death of Beckett's mom was a genius twist, and the emotional scene in the airplane hangar was gut-wrenching. The final moments brought the emotional admission we've been waiting for from Castle, even if no one watching actually believed that Beckett might be dead.


Loser: How I Met Your Mother


Yep, not bothering to learn your name.

I'm surprised by the reaction this episode seems to be getting, because I'm wondering who didn't see the final twist coming. Mark my words, that's Barney's wedding to Nora, (That might be her name. I don't care about her.) and there will be some sort of sitcom-y moment with Robin causing it to fall apart. I'd hoped for better from this show. And while Hannigan and Segal broke my heart with the big reveal scene, I have a hard time not freaking out about that baby. Because I don't know if you know this, but babies? Show killers.


Remember this? No, you dont. You didn't watch this season.

Winner: Community


I know, I was also really upset Josh Holloway wasn't in this one too.

Man, I love this show. With the epic Star Wars homage paintball war, the show gave us hilarious Troy moments and the bizarro Annie/Abed kiss (that girl will kiss anyone!), and made me care about Pierce again. Well, for a minute, at least.


Loser: Bones


This is about when I started hyperventilating.

Which brings me to what I really want to talk about, the crazy, insane, hateful WTF ender for Bones. I am stunned at the reaction this episode seems to be getting, because why isn't anyone else pissed off about this? We've been waiting for seven seasons to see these two finally will-they, and then they did, only we didn't get to see it? Show runners seem to be towing the party line that they avoided the "Moonlighting curse" by skipping it all together, but it feels like a huge cop-out to me. Seriously, why are people not more pissed off about this?


No one else needed to see this man shirtless?

Nope, apparently I'm not done yet. I am completely fine with the pregnancy, actually, and I like the idea that these two people are forced to figure out how to go from that, and what their new relationship will be, but I think the writers are underestimating their audience. They've said this way the show is skipping the whole "awkward dating" phase that kills most shows, but I don't understand why Booth and Bones would be that way anyway. They've been partners for seven years. It's just one big swelling-music-fireworks-culmination-of-seven-years-of-waiting epic kiss.

Like that's so much to ask.

3 comments:

  1. ...and secondly, you only have two losers and BONES wasn't a complete loss. I also think that GLEE's season (overall) was a loss but the finale was definitely a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just need to add that a WINNER season finale also goes to: THE GOOD WIFE!!! I mean, GO ALICIA!!!!!! (no spoiler intended)

    And a LOSER season finale for me goes to: Gossip Girl because I can't even remember WTF happened in it!?! Oh, wait, yes I do...there is a positive pregnancy stick. I mean, come on...it's obviously Blair and Chuck's...but if the writers can shock me and it's something else, I will be very happy!!! Although I think this may be better than Chuck being shot last year. I mean, come on.

    ReplyDelete