Friday, November 18, 2011

Television Medium

Sometimes I like to do weird and random stuff on this blog, Freaks.

What can I say? It's just part of my charm.

To that end, I give you:


Ten TV Crossovers We Wish Could Happen




Happy Endings and How I Met Your Mother

This might be a little personal on my part, because these are the two shows that simultaneously remind me of my friends and contain people I want to be friends with. So shouldn't they be friends? Here's all I have to say to convince you this would work: Penny and Ted. Done!


Together, they would reach new heights of neuroses.

Once Upon a Time and Castle

This is my favorite one, because it seems really strange at first glance, but if you think about it long enough, it starts to make sense. Castle loves "theme" episodes, so the fairy tale thing works great for them, and you could even work Castle and Beckett into the "Fairy Tale Land" as Grimms or Beauty and the Beast. It would be a total blast. Plus, and I believe this wholeheartedly, Nathan Fillion can pull off anything.


Oh, god. Ok, not anything.

The USA shows

It makes sense, given the very specific vibe that all of the USA shows have, that you could see any of them meshing up pretty well, Burn Notice could cross with Covert Affairs or Royal Pains with Suits, but I think the one I'd most enjoy watching is Psych and White Collar. Not only because I would like to watch James Roday and Matt Bomer on the same screen, but also because the tone of the shows would fit really well together. Shawn and Gus would be enamored of Neal, who would bask in the adoration, and trying to watch Peter put up with Lassiter would be hilarious. See, you're thinking about it now, and it totally works, right?


Yep. It's like a good hair buffet.

30 Rock and Parks and Recreation

This one pretty much writes itself, with Amy Poehler and Tina Fey being besties and all, but god, wouldn't it be awesome? The Parks and Rec department somehow ends up winning a trip to The Girlie Show in exciting New York City, and wreaks all kind of havoc on the 30 Rock crew. Jack could become obsessed with Ron, feeling like he needs to get closer to his everyman American roots, Leslie could follow Liz around, April could scare the crap out of Tracy. Are you listening, NBC? I'm giving you gold here. God knows you need it!


Nah, you'll be fine.

Justified and Sons of Anarchy

Again, I think this one springs to mind because of the gritty FX look, but it would be pretty easy to do. Just mix up all those drug rings and all the sudden Jax is making deals with Raylan.


I have no other reason for suggesting this crossover.

The Office and Modern Family

This is the one that I have no idea how you'd pull off, I just think it would be really great to see Phil and Andy in the same place. Hey, look, I didn't say they were all going to be gold.

Bones and Ringer

Buffy reunion! You know if these shows were not on different networks, this would already be in the works. Well, except for how SMG seems to be trying to hard to remind us that she's not Buffy. Whatever, you totally are. Now get Angel involved with the FBI case surrounding the missing friend!


And then proceed to remind us how old we've all gotten.

True Blood and Supernatural

Um, duh.

The Vampire Diaries and Glee

Let me just get this right out there: I have no interest in singing vampires. (Well, at least since Spike hung up his coat.) I just want to figure out some strange way for the Glee kids' bus to get stranded in Mystic Falls so that Damon can kill the hell out of Rachel.


Hey, Damon, while you're at it...

Community and Chuck

If you can make up a reason that Chuck and the gang have to infiltrate Greendale, I think this could be a weirdly perfect combo. (Which, let's face it, weird is kinda what these shows do.) Abed and Morgan would be instant friends, and Annie could fall in love with Chuck, undercover as a regular student. And it would be awesome to see Casey face off with Jeff, or even better, crazy Pierce. NBC, if one of these shows isn't back on my TV next year, I'm giving up on you all together.


Yeah, but make sure this plays at least three times a week. That will make it stop sucking.


I'd like to give a special shout out to one of my friends, who despite the fact that he does not watch either of these shows, suggested a crossover of Bones and Castle. Um , yes please!


Dear TV,

Get on that.

Love,
The TV Freak




Add your brilliant crossover ideas to the comments, and if you still haven't (despite my copious reminders) like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter (@theTVFreak)!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME POST!!1 I suggest a cross-over of Parenthood and Hart of Dixie....hahahahahaa!!!!!!
    OOOH or there should definitely be a cross-over of New Girl and Boardwalk Empire where Jess hooks up with Nucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the most awesome thing EVER. can you imagine if Ringer and Bones crossed?!?! And the hilarity of a Gleeful VD?!?! totes made my day!

    ReplyDelete