Thursday, December 1, 2011

Over It


Hey, Freaks. Feel like doing some bitching?

Good, me too.


Shut up, Glee.

Really, you couldn't do the "Santana's a lesbian!" episode without "I Kissed a Girl"? That song is about being a drunken bar slut, not an out and proud lesbian. I'm not knocking bar sluts, I'm just saying it's a different thing.

And while we're at it, Cory Monteith's horrible, horrible "earnest" face while doing the excruciating "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" should never be allowed on my television again. This show is just so inconsistent. One second we're doing the exact same plotline that we started three years ago (Still haven't dealt with being losers, people? Really?) and the next second they've swept through something that could have been an actually interesting plot point (So glad you managed to clear up Quinn's devastating emotional problems with one pep talk, Puck!). I'm delighted Rachel got suspended. Now get rid of Finn, Quinn, Mr. Schuester, Emma, Sue Sylvester, and Kurt (who I love, but never gets anything new anymore).


Well, he did get that new...sweater? Shawl? Shaweater?


Bye, Pan Am!

I tried, y'all. I really, really did. If you read this blog regularly, you know that I have talked this show up a lot, because I genuinely enjoyed it, and I thought it really had the potential to get better.

Yeah, it didn't.

Plus, it is really, really getting cancelled. So off the DVR it goes, to make way for other things that have better lived up to their potential. (Yeah, that's basically just New Girl, Up All Night, and Revenge.)



No, it's not you. You are a torture chamber of cliche.


Speed it up, Ringer.

Ringer has never been a show I can't wait to watch, but I have enjoyed it pretty consistently, and it does manage to surprise me on occasion. I still think the problem it's having holding my attention is that it feels slow. I want this show to feel more like The Vampire Diaries, where the main arc turns over three or four times in a season. The closest they got was when they killed (maybe) the best friend, but I feel like I've just spent the entire run of the show thinking that it should be a much more wild, crazy, fun ride.


You can tell, because the stunt casting has begun. Side note- Amber Benson looks hot!


Stay put, Grimm.

I'm not really watching Grimm, because...well...honestly, I just don't care. It's a good show, I like the fairy tale angle, the dude is cute, it's got a little zippy humor; I should care. I don't. But a fair number of people are watching the show on Friday nights (more than lead-in Chuck, which somehow surprised the network with low ratings when they'd already announced it was the end of the show). I know you are struggling, NBC, but moving this show to another night, especially the talked about Thursdays is not going to work. Just leave it alone. You got yourself in this mess NBC, don't punish decent shows trying to get out of it. (Ahem, Community, ahem.)


At least you know that rewarding awful shows is not helpful...Oh, no you don't.


Screw you, Bones.

My DVR has not been recording Bones.

I have not had a panic attack about this.

In fact, it's been perfectly fine. I've caught up on the internet at some point in the next week, but still. Last year, Bones was number one on the DVR list, the only show it was programmed to record at all costs.

Hey, remember when I cared enough to hate you? Good times.


This year? Eh, not so much.

Look, I watched and liked last week's episode, it was cute and funny in several places. But Bones is broken for me. When I watch, it just doesn't feel like the same show to me. Or it's the same show, but I missed a whole season or something. It's just not the same, and that makes me sad. Who knows, maybe it will get better, and I haven't spent this much time invested to give up now, so we'll see if tonight's much-touted "emotional" episode can bring me back into the fold.

Right now, I'm just over it.

3 comments:

  1. my contribution:

    hire some writers, prime suspect. she's tough. she's good. she's a she. we get it already. now do something with her. make her complicated. and interesting. like sipowitz. and where is aidan quinn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you just about summed it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, IS CHUCK BACK ON?? How did I miss that????

    ReplyDelete