Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Things I love/Things I hate


I live in a world where things fit into nice, neat little boxes of unnecessarily dramatic emotion. Let's break it down, shall we?

Thing I Love:  Dave Annable's super sexy salt and pepper hair on Brothers and Sisters.
Thing I Hate: What they've done with the rest of the characters on this show. Sarah alternates between being love-sick with the French hottie and just a total bitch. Nora spends the whole time whining about the kids, and anytime they give her a hint of having her whole life it completely falls apart. And don't even get me started about the RIDICULOUS and cliche plot lines that involve Saul. This show has moments where you can see how good it could be, quiet real moments where these great actors shine. It's a shame it can't always be like that.

Thing I Love: Cougar Town
Thing I Hate: The insane product placement they've been doing recently. Look, I know the way the world works, it's a necessary evil. But a whole plot line built around a Netti-Pot? Come on.

Thing I Love: Castle
Thing I Hate: The incredibly predictable pacing. Yeah, yeah, procedural, blah, blah, I get it. They are indeed always the same. Castle does seem to be slightly more predictable to me than most, though. I always know who did it right away, and often how. I'm not saying this is a huge problem, the great cast's chemistry and the awesomeness of Nathan Fillion can make up for pretty much anything, but it's my only gripe with an otherwise fantastic show.

Thing I Love: Elizabeth Mitchell
Thing I hate: V. OK, I don't really hate it. It just isn't as good as it should be. Frankly, its kinda boring.

Thing I Love: Thursday night TV.
Thing I Hate: Bleep My Dad Says. (Especially the bleep part. Say it or don't.) The Office without Steve Carell. Olivia Munn on Perfect Couples. Outsourced. Outsourced. Outsourced.

Things I Love: J.J. Abrams. Joshua Jackson (although he will always be Charlie Conway to me). Weird Sci-fi stuff with lots of mythology and mystery.
Thing I Hate: Fringe. Well, specifically Anna Torv, because I tried very hard to watch this show when it first came on, and she was awful. No personality at all. Now that apparently both she and the show are better, I have no idea what is going on and cannot watch it. Damn you, complicated plot lines with alternate universes!

Thing I Hate: The T-Mobile commercials that are blatant ripoffs of the Mac guy ones. Actually, I hated those too.
Thing I Love: T-Mobile's dress, the pink polka-dotty one. So cute!

2 comments:

  1. great post.

    Thing I Love: 'Good Wife' gets smarter, more layered and more Wire-like political (without the cussing and blood) every episode.

    Thing I Hate: That will probably doom it with a larger audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshua Jackson will forever be "Pacey Witter"!!!!!

    ReplyDelete