Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Yes, but I'm a functioning tv addict...

OK, so here's the thing. I heart TV. Big time. I love it, I watch it constantly, I want to talk about it. I occasionally even dream about it. (Remind me later to tell you about the one where me and Spike from Buffy had a TV show where we were time-travelling space detectives.) Thus, blog. I know, I'm revolutionizing things here. Someone on the internet wants to talk about TV? Pause for dropping of jaws, gasping of breath, etc, etc.

Whatever. It's gonna be fun!

I know good TV, even if I'm not always watching it, so you will find no Idols, no Dancers, and no Bachelors here. Especially Charlie Sheen. The fact that Two and a Half Men has been the #1 comedy on TV for like ten years makes me want to kill myself. Or middle America, I can't quite tell.

But I digress. (I'll do that a lot too.) We'll talk scripted stuff, network and cable, current shows and my loves of the past as well. You should know that I think Aaron Sorkin can do no wrong, JJ Abrams ain't far behind, and I love Joss like the brother I sometimes want to kill. I want TV to make me laugh, and cry sometimes, and throw shoes at the screen, and yell "Whaaaaaat?!!?” I want epic love, even if it just takes place at the Buy More, and characters who feel like my friends. (Sydney, honey, call me!) I believe that TV, at its best, can make you think and grow and feel and understand the world in new ways; and even at its worst, can let you be free of the burden of life for a little bit. (Ok, well not at its actual worst, because that can make you want to kill people, or at least force people in New Jersey to stop procreating.) It's TV, and I love it, and I want to share it with you.

So put on your comfy pants, grab your ice cream, and come get your TV Freak on!

No comments:

Post a Comment