Monday, October 31, 2011

Full of Goodies : November Sweeps

I tried so hard, Freaks.

I thought, "You know, it's Halloween, I should give my dear sweet readers a treat. Maybe they would like a big chocolatey cake? Or cookies? I make delicious chocolate chip cookies. I know! I'll give them lots of candy, but the good kind, no Smarties or caramel chews here!"


Shame on you, little old lady. This is not candy.

And then I realized that this is the internet.

I can't give you candy over the internet.

So instead, how about the sweet deliciousness of November sweeps?

November Sweeps Preview

Oh, we are in for some kickass TV this month, Freaks. I've got a sugar high just thinking about it!

Bonus points if this is what your brain just did.
What sort of crazy excitement should you be looking forward to? Let's start with tonight, where Katie Holmes will be guest starring on How I Met Your Mother as the long-awaited Slutty Pumpkin. I'm not sure I'm entirely nuts about this casting, as "Slutty Pumpkin" was one of my favorite episodes and I've felt a little weird about Holmes since she got her robot upgrade to Mrs. Tom Cruise, but the previews look pretty good, and I like that the show took an unexpected approach to the character.



A Google search for "slutty pumpkin" is more interesting than expected.


In very exciting news for one of my loyal readers, Jennifer Tilly will guest on Modern Family, as the girlfriend of Jay's pal Sonny (Chazz Palminteri) who ruffles Gloria's feathers, and Leslie Mann will make waves between Cameron and Mitchell. (Nov 2) The Thanksgiving episode also promises a "Punkin Chunkin" competition with the whole clan, so I think I can safely say we are all looking forward to that.


Some of you are still more focused on these punkins.

The awesome and oddly-accented David Anders (Alias, The Vampire Diaries) is showing up to be evil on Once Upon a Time, and Goran Visnjic is going to keep being yummy on Pan Am. Ringer is also getting a little guest star love, in the form of Andrea Roth (Rescue Me), who is coming to stir up even more trouble as Andrew's ex-wife and Juliet's mother. Depressingly, The Vampire Diaries November 10th "Homecoming" episode, while promising lots of crazy action and shocking twists, will be the show's midseason finale, so don't expect any more sexy vampires until the new year.


Unless this is your thing.

Missing FOX shows Raising Hope, New Girl, and Glee will be back November 1st, and the latter has big things in store for TV's cutest gay couple, Kurt and Blaine, including their first time and a new guy who gets in between them. The Glee Project winner Damian McGinty will start his arc, and Jonathan Groff will return as the smarmy Jesse.

Don't forget that Burn Notice and Bones are back this week, Freaks, and if you're like me and still a little bitter about how the whole Booth and Bones thing went down, then I recommend the following promo video. Prepare for squee.







What delicious tidbit are you most excited about, Freaks?



Want more snark? Like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter (@theTVFreak)!

1 comment:

  1. could be worse. could be local TV version of Nov sweeps. Senior Drivers! America's Newest Terrorists!

    ReplyDelete