Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What's Happy Anniversary in German?

Can you believe it, Freaks? It's been a year since I started this little blog, and found all of you willing to listen to my TV-induced rambling and snarkiness.

You're so sweet.

To celebrate, let's take a look back at the most popular posts; the ones you (or more likely random Germans searching Google images) read and loved the most.

Top Ten TV Freak Posts

10. Things I Love/Things I Hate

The original outing of what would become a recurring breakdown of my overly dramatic feelings about bits and pieces of TV, I like this one mostly because all of these things are still true for me. And hey, remember Brothers and Sisters?


No, you do not. Well, other than that nagging feeling you want to punch Balthazar Getty in the face.
But that's normal.

9. Like Frasier, Not Joey

I gotta say, I'm kinda surprised by this one. It was one of my more random lists (an idea stolen from my brilliant father) so I have no idea how people are finding it, but they appear to desire the V spin off as much as I do. Oh, wait....


Aw, I miss you, pretty.

8. Love is a Battlefield

Isn't it, Freaks? One of my favorite lists (yeah, that list is coming too!) this in depth look at TV love triangles features two slutty Kellys, a cartoon with a personality disorder, and a psychic vision of my own future viewing preferences. Creepy!


Who could have predicted I would like this hot mess?

7. Crazy or Cool? Pilot Season 2011

Because I am a huge nerd, it is really fun for me to look back at what was in the works for this past fall, and to see how that panned out. And, let's tell the truth, see how well I did on calling the shows. (For the record, meh.) Truthfully, I'm really sad they didn't make the sexy crimefighter Edgar Allen Poe show. I imagine that would have meant a fall with a lot less Whitney jokes.


Yeah, probably not.

6. A Heck of a Town

Believe it or not, this post  is not a huge hit because of my exciting and controversial choices for shows about the Big Apple. Sadly, no, it is the rare photo included depicting one of the city's most notorious hellbeasts.... The Cockamouse.


Pictured: Evolution (according to a five-year-old)

5. Fall TV Preview: I'm So Excited!

(It's OK, my head always does the Jessie Spano too.) How'd I do predicting what would become my favorite new shows of the fall? Well, I did like The Playboy Club the two times I watched it before it got super, super cancelled, and I definitely called New Girl and Up All Night, which are two of my favorites, but I missed with Secret Circle and Ringer, both of which have been much more boring than anticipated. But hey, three out of five ain't bad!


Obviously I screwed up by missing this masterpiece.

4. The Akron of Southwest Indiana, or: Why Parks and Recreation is Awesome

Earning the distinguished and obviously much coveted award for "Longest Title" here at the Freak, my treatise to the brilliance of Parks and Rec explains exactly why you should be watching this show. But it was a long time ago, and obviously, since you all take my word as television gospel, you are now watching with fervor. Right? Right?


If you watched this instead, you are dead to me.

3. You Can Leave Your Hat On

Interestingly, it seems I am not the only person who enjoys a good looking man wearing a cowboy hat. Who woulda thunk it?


Huh. Weird.

2. Crazy Couples, Sassy Attorneys, and Chandler Bing: Spring 2011 TV Preview

I was on it with this one, Freaks. I called the disaster of Traffic Light and Perfect Couples, and predicted the awesomeness of Happy Endings. Good job, Me. But really, people miss Chandler. (Ms. Chanandler Bong) Really. This post is as high up as it is because people Google "Chandler Bing 2011" all the time. Like, they just want to see what he's up to.


Guys, check Imaginary Facebook!

1. Heart...Wait for It...Break

One of my most controversial posts (it started a comment war on Facebook) got a big bump from the awesome peeps over at Have You Met Ted?, the great HIMYM blog you should all go check out.


Also, possibly got a bump from the river of tears...


So thanks for reading, Freaks, and here's to another year full of hopefully mostly awesome but sometimes awful television.

I'm looking at you, NBC.

What anniversary gift do you get the blogger who has everything? How about Liking me on Facebook and following me on Twitter? It'll be the best gift I ever got!

1 comment:

  1. you know who thanks you for every image of the cowboy this year.

    ReplyDelete